Open Testing – Gold Boxes and Balance!
We’re happy to invite you to participate to an open testing session on our testing server Andromeda3!
Please, report any bugs or exploits that you find on the test servers, on the topic on our FORUM. We also want to hear your opinions and suggestions.
- We are currently encountering a couple of issues with equipping gold boxes on accounts that are transferred from the live servers. We are currently working on fixing that.
- If you want to test the gold boxes, we recommend that you register a new account on the testing server. The first training battles last only 1 minute.
- We also added bots for every league so that you don’t need to wait too much for a game.
- Activate the promo code TankiX_Test, on the testing servers, which will grant you every module, crystals, and X-crystals, as well as 500 gold boxes.
The instructions on how to connect to the testing servers are available on our FORUM.
The Gold Box is an item that will reward 1000 Crystals. Players can now drop them on the battlefield with a click of a button. The default button is 5, but you can reassign it to any key you want in the game settings.
The gold boxes will be available under a separate tab called “Boxes”. These can be bought only with a real currency, depending on the country or region of your residence.
Here are the different categories of boxes and their prices:
- A pack of gold boxes (8 boxes) – 1.49$
- A pile of gold boxes (80 boxes) – 9.99$
- A wagon of gold boxes (800 boxes) – 69.90$
- A mountain of gold boxes (1000 boxes) – 73.90$
How does the gold boxes work?
- The button to drop a gold box is active only if you have a gold box available in your garage (the number of boxes available is shown below). The button will be inactive if there is another gold box or a couple of them, queued to be dropped at that current time in the current battle.
- You can not drop more than one gold box per minute.
- You can not drop a gold box during the warm-up time or in a custom battle.
- Upon dropping a gold box, the battle log will show which player has dropped the gold box.
- The gold box will drop on a random free supply spawn point. If there are no free supply spawn points at the time of dropping, the box will go into a queue, to be dropped as soon as a supply spawn point becomes free.
- No more than 16 gold boxes can be dropped during a battle.
- Should a battle end earlier or if there are gold boxes still in the drop queue even after a full-length battle, all the boxes in the drop queue will return back to corresponding players’ garage.
- Should the battle end earlier and a box was already deployed (the siren went off, the notification popped, and the box is already dropping) the box will not return to the player that dropped it.
Equipment and weaponry balance
Important! The changes that you will experience on the testing server are only temporary and are not planned to be released into the live servers as they are now. It is important for us to see these changes in action and hear your opinion about them. Only then we will review your feedback and made the final changes.
We changed all the parameters for every turret, hull, and module. A more detailed description, with numbers and everything, will be provided only when in the patch notes, prior to their release.
Here are a couple (the main and most important) of changes:
- Shaft’s damage was reduced, but the damage it deals to turrets was significantly increased.
- Vulcan’s gyroscope got removed completely.
- The burn effect now deals approximately twice the amount of damage.
- Turrets will now deal a fixed amount of damage no matter the distance. For example, it will deal the same amount of damage if the target is at 10 or 40 feet distance. If the range of the turret is 60 feet distance, it will deal no damage if the target is further than 60 feet.
Changes to the rating table
the system was significantly reworked with the goal to balance out the leagues. Unfortunately, not all the changes might be noticeable on the test servers and not all of them are actually available on the test servers. More info will be provided later today or tomorrow. We will add a link to the topic.
Thank you all in advance for participating!