Open testing: new maps
We’re happy to invite you to participate in an open testing session on our testing server Andromeda3!
Please, report any bugs or exploits that you find on the test servers, on this topic, share your opinions and suggestions.
What we are testing:
- New map “Boombox”, which has an incorrect preview.
- Updated maps “Silence” and “Moon silence”
- Changed the physics of the hulls (experiment)
Activate the promo code TankiX_test on the testing server, which will grant you every item in the game.
- There is a known bug where the game often crashes at the end of a battle.
- The test server has an old account database, so there will be no changes in your garage in the last few months. You can play on your account or create a new one.
- Rating battles work if there are at least two players in the queue. Bots are added to all battles.
Instructions on how to connect to the testing servers:
The original, downloadable version
- In your game folder, create a shortcut for tankix.exe. Just right click on the icon and select “Create shortcut”.
- Select the shortcut, right click on it, and click on “Properties”.
- When the “Properties” window has opened, click on the Shortcut tab.
- Find the “Target” field and add the following line at the end: -server=andromeda3
- Press OK, close the window and double click on the shortcut, this will load the test server.
How to connect to the test server via Steam?
- Find Tanki X in your Steam library, right click on it in the list and press “Properties”.
- Now, find the “General” tab and press the “Set Launch options…” button.
- This will open a box with a text field in which you need to write: -server=andromeda3
How to run a test server on MacOS?
1. Open the terminal panel (terminal.app)
2. Copy the command: open -a /Applications/tankix.app –args “-server=andromeda3”
Note that if your game is not in the Applications folder, the address of the game application must be changed to yours.
3. Press Enter to start the test server.
How do I know that I am on the test server?
Open the friends tab, if you don’t have any or your friends are all offline, this means you’re on the test server.
How do we switch to the Live version of the game?
In steam, you simply remove the server address from the “Launch Options”
In the none Steam version, you just launch the game from the original exe file.